"Just because you did it doesn’t mean you’re guilty"
If you plead guilty to a charge of domestic violence you:
- Will likely have to undergo anger, alcohol and drug evaluation
- May have to attend anger management classes
- Will no longer be able to own or possess guns (in some cases even with a plea in abeyance)
- May have to submit to periodic random drug and alcohol testing
- May have to attend alcohol or drug abuse education, classes
- Will likely be on probation regardless of whether you plead guilty. This can mean that you will be required to report to a probation officer and have to submit to random searches of you, random searches of your car, and random searches of your home or apartment.
Domestic Violence Attorneys.
Your life and the quality of life that you now possess do not need to end because you have been charged with domestic violence. We can help get your Salt Lake City domestic violence charge(s) dismissed – but we can only help you if you call us for your free consultation on your rights in a Utah domestic violence charge. Domestic violence cases are complicated, and the charges can frequently become embellished or enhanced by the presence of drugs or alcohol, in which case the police are obligated to make an arrest. In these situations, the police can often arrest the wrong person – with devastating consequences, even though you may be innocent.